Are you an expert on a particular type of alternative education? Did you attend a Waldorf school? Do you homeschool your child? Do you work at a Montessori school? If so:
One of my goals for this blog is to have articles about different types of school (and non-schools). However, I’m not an expert in every type of education. If you’re interested in writing an article about your area of expertise, let me know in the comments here and I’ll be glad to post it for you.
Here are the guidelines:
- You should present the core ideas or methods of this approach.
- You can talk about details, but please don’t go over 1000 words.
- Being pro-your-school in your discussion is ok, but no gushing. Try to be more informational.
- You should provide links to more information. These should present both “pro” and “con” responses. Bonus points for scholarly articles.
- Schools and school systems outside the US are definitely of interest.
I intend to write articles on traditional boarding schools, the Hyde School model, and the Sudbury Valley model myself, but if you’d like to contribute to those, that would be cool.